Foreigners working in Vietnam who are not exempted from work permits are required to apply for work permits. In the following article, phapluatdoanhnghiep.vn would like to introduce to readers about the procedure for extending a work permit.
Firstly, when do you need to apply for a work permit extension?
When the work permit is valid for at least 05 days but not more than 45 days, the foreign worker must carry out the procedure to apply for an extension of the work permit.
Secondly, records include:
1. Written request for re-issue of work permit of the employer in accordance with the provisions of the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
2. 02 color photos (size 4cm x 6cm, white background, straight face, bare head, no colored glasses), photographs taken within 06 months before the date of submission.
3.Health certificate or health certificate as prescribed.
4.The work permit has been granted.
5. One of the papers related to foreign workers:
+ For intra-corporate transferees: A foreign enterprise’s document sent to work at a commercial presence and documents proving that the person has been recruited by a foreign enterprise before working in Vietnam. at least 12 months;
+ For persons performing economic, commercial, financial, banking, insurance, scientific and technical, cultural, sports, educational, vocational and medical contracts or agreements: or an agreement signed between a Vietnamese partner and a foreign partner, which must include the content of the foreign worker working in Vietnam;
+ For service providers under contracts: Service provision contracts signed between Vietnam and foreign countries and documents proving that foreign workers have worked for foreign enterprises without commercial presence. in Vietnam for at least 2 years;
+ For service sellers: A service provider’s dispatch of foreign workers to Vietnam to negotiate service provision;
+ For people working for foreign non-governmental organizations or international organizations in Vietnam: Certificates of foreign non-governmental organizations or international organizations permitted to operate in accordance with Vietnamese law Male;
+ For those who are responsible for establishing a commercial presence: A service provider’s written dispatch of foreign workers to Vietnam to establish a commercial presence;
+ For managers, executives, experts, technical workers engaged in operations of foreign enterprises that have established a commercial presence: Documents proving that foreign workers are allowed to participate in operation of the business.
The above papers are 01 photocopy enclosed with the original for comparison or 01 certified copy, if exempted from consular legalization, but must be translated into Vietnamese and authenticated in accordance with law. Vietnam.
Thirdly, about the order of renewing work permits:
– At least 05 days but not later than 45 days before the expiry date of the work permit, the employer must submit the application for reissuance of the work permit to the Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs that issued the permit. that labor permit.
– Within 03 working days from the receipt of the satisfactory application, the Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs will reissue the work permit. In case of refusal to issue a work permit, a written reply clearly stating the reason.
– For foreign workers working in Vietnam under a labor contract, after the foreign worker is re-granted a work permit, the employer and the foreign worker must sign the contract. written labor according to the provisions of Vietnamese labor law before the expected date of continued working for the employer.
– Within 05 working days from the date of signing the labor contract, the employer must send a copy of the signed labor contract to the Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs which has reissued the permit. labor it.